Most of the treatments provided in any NHS general dental practice are available:
- Dental check-ups, oral examination (including Xrays) and diagnosis.
- Advice for preventing tooth decay and gum disease including tooth brushing and oral hygiene instruction, dietary advice and the application of sealants that protect the surfaces of teeth.
- Assessment and treatment of gum disease.
- Fillings and extractions.
- If certain types of treatment cannot be provided by the students you will be provided with advice about how to arrange the treatment that has been recommended.
- Crowns and Bridges.
- Minor Oral Surgery.
Please note - for any further treatment provided by an NHS dentist outside of the Education Facility the usual NHS patient charges for dentistry will apply, (unless you qualify for free NHS dental treatment). If you choose to go to a private dentist or private consultant, then private charges will apply.
The Devonport, Exeter and Truro Dental Education Facilities are NHS training clinics for the Peninsula Dental School Students.
To find out more about the Dental School or to make an appointment, please telephone 0845 155 8109 during weekday hours 9am - 4.30pm.
As the service is provided by dental students in training who are supervised by highly experienced dentists, all care and advice provided by the dental students is free of charge to all patients.
Dental treatment is provided within an educational setting, and so the examinations, treatment and oral hygiene care may take longer to complete than usual. Sufficient time for treatment is always allocated to ensure you receive the highest quality of patient care.